Sunday, June 21, 2009

Class of 2009.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yesterday was the celebration for the accomplishment of what I have worked hardest for in my life! It was the celebration for completing projects that seemed impossible, the countless all-nighters I had to pull, the cutting, sewing, and sweat and tears, the commuting, meeting the most talented and most amazing people, being emotionally drained every day, but most of all doing what I absolutely love to do and was born to do, Fashion Design.

Yesterday, I was thinking about how far I've come. I remember my first day at FIDM, I didn't know how to sew, sketch a 9-head croquis, make patterns, or know the difference between satin and sateen. I was young, naive, irresponsible, and a wallflower. After completing 2 grueling years of Fashion Design I feel like I have blossomed... into a more confident, mature, outgoing, and self-driven young lady. Without my family, friends, classmates, teachers, God, and the belief in myself, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. Now I feel like, scratch that,
KNOW that I was put on this planet to DESIGN! It truly is the best feeling to know who you are as a person and know what you are meant to do in this world(:

Congratulations FIDM Class of 2009!

Here are just a few more pictures from graduation:


Photobucket
Inside the Staples Center

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jessica & Amber(:

Photobucket
Cap & Gown

Photobucket
My mentor, inspiration, and the reason why I love Fashion:  My Grandma<3

Photobucket
The people who kept me going:  My family!

Photobucket
My favorite part of my outfit:  My cap that I rhinestoned the hell out!


(Macy's dress, Macy's cardigan, Nine West heels)

Currently jamming to: Why Not - Hilary Duff

34 comments:

Karafina said...

Congrats!!! Your hard work has paid off!!

love your floral dress! and what an awesome hat! damn, must have taken you forever to do that!

christelle said...

Congratulations!!! And i love your outfit!

kulululu said...

congratulations!!!
i want your dress!!!

SouLBoutiQue said...

COngrats! Yay for the floral dress. and I love your costumized CAP!

Hélène Heath said...

Congratulations! Must be such a relief! Love you dress :)

Anna Wallace said...

thank you dear! i hope i get to do that too!

so your hair is looking especially hot and mod lately... and so jealous you got to rhinestone your cap.... and love that hilary duff song!

Syed said...

Congratulaaaaaations!!! I absolutely love your dress, and the colour of that cardigan is gorgeous :) Oh and the rhinestoned cap looks amazing.

Hannah said...

Congratulations, love!! I know you must have worked so, so, so hard for this!! You totally deserve it!

I love the entire outfit!! Wonderful bright colors!
:D

xo,
hk

Damsels said...

beautiful dress !!
love the colors
and congrats !
We Were Damsels

morena said...

omg! love this dress
<3

nikky said...

congrats, congrats!

loveee the graduation cap & yay for a bloglovin'...im def following you now!

Zarna said...

congrats!


great blog :)

-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

Annisa Anjani said...

congratulations! i had just graduated too, but from junior high hahah :D anyway love your outfit and the cap! lol

check out mine,
http://gutter-exhibition.blogspot.com/

divanaurlopie said...

Congratulations :)

courtney b. said...

congrats, dani!
i wish i were there to congratulate you, amber and jessica.

Jules said...

hi there love!
CONGRATS!!!!!!! Love your whole outfit, youre so pretty! And your cap is aaaaaamzing!!!!!!

I go to FIDM too! I still have 2 more quarters left! Ugh!
YAY for FIDM!!!!

xoxo
sincerely,
Jules

Leia said...

Congratulations! Great dress :)

Vera said...

You're so gorgeous, love your hair cut. It's like mine, but much better! And that floral print on your dress - just lovely!

Velo said...

congratulation, gurl!!!
congratz!! =D

Tereza Š. said...

super outfit, I love your hair btw :)

Rosanna said...

love the print of your dress!!!

www.littlemissdressup.com

clareassiral said...

that print on your dress? pure awesomeness!

erin baillie-rutter said...

YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! i love love love the colours. and your hair is perfection.

lovely.

and congratulations on graduating!
AND THE RHINESTONED CAP IS KILLER!

xxx

Jolie Roux said...

Ok, 1st bad ass cap, second your graduation totally put my graduation to shame and 3rd that yellow dress is a killer!

karl's sweet child said...

congratulatiooooooon! you're so gorgeous and that's one helluva cap! definitely will do that for my graduation cap :D

Le blog de Letilor said...

wahou, your outfit is really beautiful.I love your dress !

Ash Fox said...

i LOVE your haircut

x
www.tittees.blogspot.com

preppygoesrock said...

happy graduation!!!love the dress with the cardi... its so oscar de la renta!!!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love the dress and the hair! That is the color I want to get! I totally understand how you started thinking back to your first day at FIDM. I really feel I made the right choice and the best choice and now the sky is the limit! See you out there in the Fashion world! Good luck!

Jolie said...

Congratulation.!! You looks sooo beautiful. I am in love with your floral dress. I will certainly visit Macy's to get the similar one. Well, Thanks for sharing the pics.

Milesdontmeananything said...

Hey congrats for your graduation. I really love your bangs. I didn't have guts to make it like yours :)
Icha

Kaela said...

Gratz!

Olga Babenko said...

Ur cap totally rocks!

Yellow Cab said...

nice outfit, and your cap is funny.
you have beatiful face.

Xo, Yc.